Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gov't paperwork

We picked up the marriage license from Vital Stats today. It's a very long boring piece of white paper. I'm rather disappointed that something so important is amongst the large stacks of other boring-looking white pieces of paper, like the ones to register births and deaths. I don't know what I was expecting, considering it's a government issued document. I'm so used to wedding related stuff having tacky doves and roses and embossed rings on them that to see the *actual* marriage license is just a bunch of check boxes and fill-in-the-blank boxes (in French and English) is a bit unusual! Course, because it is a wedding related item, it cost 10x more than what it is worth!

Have you seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ff13zZ0h0k
Yeah, it`s like that. LOL!

Oh well, at least my PhD has pretty embossing on it. Cost me 150x more than the marriage license did so it should have some gold stamp on it!

It is weird to think about, that in 32 days, Derek and Jen are going to sign the license and make it a legally binding boring-looking document.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

I just have to say that that video is hilarious! I forwarded that one around to some other people that I know that are in the process of wedding planning. Too funny!!